House and Extension Plans at 77 Camden Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland.

Vehicular Access/ Dropped kerb

Do I need planning permission for new vehicular access?

Planning permission is required to create or alter vehicular access. 

You can request to lower the pavement immediately outside your property when connecting your driveway to the road.

If the widening project involves demolishing a part of a wall or boundary fence fronting a roadway, or If you wish to extend your dropped kerb, you will need planning permission. 

Charges for vehicular dishing vary in different local authorities. 


Doing the work after planning permission is granted. 

Below are the costs from Dublin City Council. Contact road maintenance in your local authority  

€611.60 for a standard dwelling vehicular dishing off 7 Sq Meters in size

€87.40 extra per square metre for bigger domestic vehicular dishes


Upload Details



Plans and Site-layout €499

Drawings for driveway widening, dropped kerb, etc...(amendments as needed)

Elevations €499

Front, side, and rear elevations, street scene, and block plan (amendments as needed)

Planning Permission €499

Planning application lodged: includes planning authority fee, further info requests, ordnance maps, newspaper ad, and site notice sent out with instructions. Third-party fees not included (e.g engineers reports, heritage reports, etc...)

Drag & Drop or Browse Your Documents Here

Accepted file formats: PNG,JPG,JPEG,PDF,MP4,DOC,DOCX,XLS

3D Drawing €500.