House and Extension Plans, Dublin, Ireland.

Do I need planning permission for new vehicular access?

Planning permission is required to create or alter vehicular access.
You can request to lower the pavement immediately outside your property when connecting your driveway to the road.
If the widening project involves demolishing a part of a wall or boundary fence fronting a roadway, or If you wish to extend your dropped kerb, you will need planning permission.
Charges for vehicular dishing vary in different local authorities.

Doing the work after planning permission is granted

Below are the costs from Dublin City Council. Contact road maintenance in your local authority:

  • €611.60 for a standard dwelling vehicular dishing off 7 Sq Meters in size
  • €87.40 extra per square metre for bigger domestic vehicular dishes